principalities...Hi Angus! (second try...)

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Wed Sep 18 11:42:02 PDT 1996

Sir Kief here...

>>(Kief wrote...)

>(Angus wrote...)

>> This so-called solution will create a _nightmare_ for the
>>sitting
>> Crown. Think on this... One of the problems is that the Crown needs must
>> travel extensively during Their Reign. So, now you have THREE
>>principalities.
>> This means that EACH Crown will have to attend THREE Coronet Tourneys,
>>THREE
>> Coronet Investitures, perhaps THREE principality A&S events, THREE
>>principality
>> Warlord events, as well as Their Own MAJOR Kingdom events. Also, any
>>BARONIAL
>> Investitures, etc. etc. Folks, the travel burden of the Crown will
>>INCREASE!

>I have never looked at the organizational structure of a kingdom with
>principalities. After reading what you have sent, I see something that I
>never gave a thought. This point is yours.

<snip...the original Rotating Group Schedule)

>I see the logic behind this. But if this is a workable solution then why
>has it not been brought up before? With all of the major events attended,
>even with the help of the Heirs (which, as you well know, are not active
>year round), will there be enough Crowns/Heirs to go around and attend all
>of the branches in 18 months. It would definitely be cool if it would work,
>but the logistics would be a nightmare.

One reason that this *may* never have been thought of before is we didn't
really have the perceived need for one.

I think that the process is quite workable. To clear up some of the figures.

18 months = 78 weekends - 4 major holidays = 74 "open weekends"

74 weekends divided by 3  =  24 weekends for each 6 months (plus or minus
1 weekend)

42 groups now in Kingdom.

42 divided by 3  =  14 groups per 6 month period.

This leaves (24 - 14 = 10 "open weekends") 10 "free/open weekends" per each 6
month period.

(I was incorrect on the numbers of Crowns and Heirs during the 18 month period.
It's actually, starting at a Coronation, only 8 different people every 18
months.)

Each Crown and Heirs would have to visit only 14 groups between them each 6
months to visit _each_ group in 18 months. This will leave 30 "open/free"
weekends during the same 18 months...(not including the 4 major holiday
weekends.) This would leave the Crown and Their Heirs _lots_ of time for
everyday family weekends as well as the time/option of visiting their
"favorite" events/groups. Many groups would get 2 or 3 visits during this 18
month period AND _every_ group would get visited at least once.

The Rotation Schedule would include an equal number of groups (or as equal as
possible) from each of our 5 regions every 6 months. The "must visit" list
would change each 6 months until each group has been visited.

Also, in the matter of awards. The Territorial Barons and Baronesses can, at
the will of the Crown, give any awards through the Iris and Star level. This has
been done in the past and should continue. (White Scarves, Centurions, and
Court Baronys are reserved to the Crown and Their Heirs; Peerages are reserved
to the Crown alone.) Don't forget, the Royal Family ie, Viscounty, County, and
Ducal, can hold Courts and give awards at the behest of the Crown.

>>The Kingdom will not split if we all take part in making Ansteorra
>>strong.

>Hopefully, you are correct. You do have my support in any attempt to make
>the Kingdom of Ansteorra stronger and more unified.
>

>Lord Angus mac Taggart

Most excellent good neighbor Angus! I will work with you also in letting our
great Kingdom grow!

I remain...

...your kinsman...

ONE STAR...ONE KINGDOM!