Stefan's files for Oct.

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Sep 18 13:57:43 PDT 1996

And now for something besides principality issues.

Here is my article for October on new additions to the SCA Rialto Files.
Please remember that it may be a week or two before these are up on the WWW
site, but that they are available in the meantime from me by email in either
text or Word format.
-------------------

A Blending of the Past and Present

Here is the list of my featured SCA Rialto files for this month. I have
files for all interests. If none of the files below interest you, ask for
a copy of my complete file list. If you would like a copy of any of these
files, just let me know. I can print them on paper for you, copy them
to a computer disk or send them by email.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html, although it may be a week
or two before the newest files are online.

    Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036   markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files that have been added this past month:

Bayeux-Tap-msg       The Bayeux Tapestry. Book reviews.
child-gam-msg        Period and SCA children's games and activities.
crossbow-FAQ         Crossbow history, definitions, construction.
fabric-paint-msg     Fabric painting in the SCA and period.
P-tale-MWIFO-art     Making Wrought Iron from Ore at Pennsic 24.
placenames-msg       Origins and meanings of SCA placenames.
SCA-gays-msg         Acceptance of Gays and Lesbians in the SCA.
Walking-Dead-art     The Walking Dead: Draugr and Aptrgangr in
                        Old Norse literature.

And on a lighter note, some of the humorous, older files:

arms-humor-msg       Humorous SCA armorery.
border-stories-msg   Crossing international borders for SCA events.
child-stories-msg    Stories of SCA children.
dance-par-art        What the future might think of 20th dance.
Garboholic-art       Humorous article warning those making garb.
humor-msg            Period and SCA humor.
jokes-msg            Period and SCA jokes.
P-stories-msg        Pennsic stories.
SCA-romance-msg      SCA romances and meeting SOs in the SCA.
SCA-stories1-msg     SCA stories related before 5/1/94.
SCA-stories2-msg     SCA stories related after 5/1/94.
vanity-plates-msg    SCA vanity auto license plates.
you-know-msg         You know you're in the SCA when...