Principalities

Mike Baker mbaker at rapp.com
Wed Sep 18 13:07:00 PDT 1996

> I would like to remind everyone that extra coronets also means extra
> individuals  to delegate to.  Even landed Barons and Baronesses can give
> AoA's with the proper delegation from the crown; such responsibilities can
> and should be shared with Principality coronets who would, I might point
> out, have reason to do some traveling about of their own.

Also consider the addition of at least another 5 to 10 minutes to the time
required at Kingdom Coronation (to receive the fealty of the Coronets). Some
people might be happy to see this, but for the bulk of the populace it will
be just that much more time to fidget, fuss, and raise the ambient noise
level in the coronation hall with their side conversations. (Sorry, pet
peeve slipped  through there: *some* of us do actually like to hear what is
happening "up front" during court - some of the best persona-play and
researched authentic bits are involved in the individual knights' oaths.)

There is much more I could say on this. Ceremony in general, that is. MUCH
more on the implications of the principality question....

Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
     currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker                      mbaker at rapp.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!