principalities...a few

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Sep 18 14:35:46 PDT 1996

Greetings from Stefan li Rous,

eilis, Board ombudsthing said:

>The "Crown Lands" in the West consist of 3 Baronies and 2 Shires, with a
>total population of less than 100.

Since the minimum population counts from my copy of Corpora are barony -
25 subscribing members and other groups - 5 subscribing members this
leaves some of those groups awfully close to demotion or desolution.
(3 x 25 plus 2 x 5 equals 85 out of less than 100).

Is this the normal state of affairs in much of the kingdom or Known
World? As I have always lived in a large barony with well over the
minimum number of members, this has not been a big concern to me,
although Estril's comments earlier do mention this.

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
markh at risc.sps.mot.com