principalities...3 or 2 or 1?

dentim at mail.myriad.net dentim at mail.myriad.net
Wed Sep 18 16:41:23 PDT 1996

>Greetings fellow left hander! And all Ansteorrans...
>

>Timo wrote...
>>
>>        just a thought, but why does it have to be all or nothing? The only
>>2 options I have seen are a 3 principality split or *not*. Would'nt it  make
>>more sense to only have 1 principality?
>>
>>timo
>>notwantingtoseeanyoneleave
>
>I do believe that the idea behind the 3 principality split is to avoid any one
>"region" from being "separated" from the main Kingdom. This, in it's self is an
>excellent idea, as pertains to "no hard feelings about being split off from
>everyone else...". A lot of folk in every part of the Kingdom want to remain
>"Ansteorrans" without any other label. ie, Any "yet-to-be-named" principality
>label... I don't want anyone to leave either... All the folk in Ansteorra are
>my brothers and sisters, be they early or late period, be they light or heavy
>fighters, be they Arts & Sciences oriented, be they "authenticity mavens" or
>"party animals" I want all of them to "remain" Ansteorrans in the fullest sense
>of the word...
>
>In friendship to you, your gracious Lady, and your wonderful family.
>
>Kief... (anothermutantscumsuckingleftiesingleswordsman...)
>

>"Better the Hammer than the nail..."

Greetings gentle Sir!

I can understand the process of "principalitizing" a region if it is to
become a kingdom in the near(or not-so-near) future. But to make everyplace
part of a principality just so no one feels "left-out" is kinda silly.

*warning! warning! newbie alert*
ok, Does anyone REALLY think that by, say AS 40-45, our kingdom will
encompass the same lands as today??? If not then what regions are candadates
for Kingdomhood? IMHO, the most obvious split would be a southern (Stargate,
Bjornsborg, R.Fort, etc) Kingdom or a Northern( OK and Panhandle) one.

On the other hand, Is principalityship a pre-req to being a kingdom?

*Newbie alert over!please fold spindle and mutilate!*

One of these days, I will be an old man sitting by the list field watching
the flatbellys fight and the lovely ladies coo (generalization) ..........

What Kingdom will I be in?

timo

-who will be voting NO when he gets his membership back in the mail-