e-mail and the net

Deborah Sweet dssweet at Okway.okstate.edu
Thu Sep 19 16:25:54 PDT 1996

Diarmuit wrote:
>I would imagine that it is because not everyone has access to it (for
>example, here in Northkeep, of the 50 to 70 people who I have seen
>regularly at Populace meetings (this is an estimate), I *know* of 10
>who have e-mail, including myself.

As a comparison I would say that Mooneschadoweshire is probably the most
net-connected group in the Kingdom. It is only with *extreme* difficulty
that I can even think of people who don't have e-mail. Of course, we
have certain advantages that other groups don't have. Everyone who works
at the university can have access by request (if they don't
automatically get it with their job) and students automatically have
access. And most of the rest of the members either have computer access
at their jobs (quite a few computer related businesses here in
Stillwater) or else they have access through a computer server to their
home computers. IMHO, it just seems strange and unnatural *not* to be
net-connected.

Estrill