Principalities

Michael Gunter michael_gunter1 at msmail.fnts.com
Fri Sep 20 09:08:48 PDT 1996

Hello all,

It is nice to see that the arguments for and against Pricipality status are
now becoming coherent exercises in logic and discussion instead of the
"knee-jerk" reactions witnessed before.  Now the real discussions can begin.
There have been very well written discourses on both sides and both sides
have made very good points.  As a "Pro-Principality" advocate I am happy to
see other people speak out for the proposal.  Unfortunately too many of the
"Anti-Principality" advocates tended to make me feel a little traitorous.  I
am not against the Kingdom of Ansteorra, nor would I feel any less Ansteorran
if I were in a Kingdom.  Principality status would not be easy and there
would be a great many problems to overcome.  No birth is easy.  Sir Keif's
words remind us that this is a proud Kingdom and we are proud to be part of
these lands.  He is an eloquent speaker and a respected voice within the
Circle. I also respect him a great deal.  I'm not so eloquent but just as
opinionated.  I have already stated that I feel that creating Principalities
would bring new life into the Kingdom and new excitement to our groups.
Whether these changes come about or not all of us will forever be Ansteorran.

Yers,

Sir Gunthar Jonsson, CIM, Oak, etc...
(who prefers to be known as "Just Gunthar")