Principalities: "baby steps" Proposal (l

Richard Bainter pug at interval.net
Fri Sep 20 10:20:36 PDT 1996

> Ansteorra already has administrative regions in place, with geographical
> designators but no _formal_ "medieval-side" names or functions. How about
> taking things one step at a time and advancing these to "named regions"
> (shire, march, barony,  principality & others having already been
> designated, we'd have to find an appropriate alternate "title" - perhaps
> "Marquisate"? "March-land"?) instead of full Coronet-list principalities?.
> These could / should be complete with regional champions (Marquis/Marquessa?
> Waldgraf? other?), hopefully permitted to present awards of less than
> grant-level by derived authority of the Crown.

I rather like this, cause until we prove Principality status, we aren't
actively moving towards Kingdom. (Or was that, once you get it it makes
the process easier. *shrug* Whichever.)

The 2 main advantages of Principalities, that I saw, could be accomplished
by this as well. 1) Some high important "crown" figure goes to more small
events. 2) The calander conflict checking could be done by this regions.

Of course you could get rid of 2 by only conflict checking within the
current region setup. Those "big" events should be conflict checked by
the people scheduling them *if* they care.

Btw, I like County or Hundred. Might be my recent reading on English
organization though.

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something