Principalities

Michael A. Chance mchance at crl.com
Fri Sep 20 18:12:44 PDT 1996

Sir Barn wrote:

> FYI the only real issue that arises when you start to dissect the Kingdom is
> looking at what areas can support a Principality.  The areas of OK and the
> Texas panhandle cannot, population-wise,  maintain a membership base where
> our Principality could ever form a kingdom, at least last time I checked. So
> why cut one area off to forever be a Principality.

The same thing was said of Northshield, even as recently as five years
ago.  They're investing their second Prince and Princess in two months.
I fully expect to see their first Coronation within a decade or so.
And I can remember several East Kingdom Crowns and kingdom officers
boldly stating that Drachenwald could _never_ be large enough to be a
kingdom.  Now, Nordmark (Sweden) is nearly kingdom size on it's own.

A Kingdom's only 400+ people.  There nothing that says that they've all
got to show up at every event.  Based on populations that I've seen
for the Panhandle and Oklahoma, I certainly think it's doable.

What matters, though, is what the folks living there want.

Mikjal Annarbjorn
--
Michael A. Chance          St. Louis, Missouri, USA    "At play in the fields
Work: mc307a at sw1stc.sbc.com                             of St. Vidicon"
Play: mchance at crl.com