FW: Unsaved letters

Michael Gunter michael_gunter1 at msmail.fnts.com
Mon Sep 23 09:52:02 PDT 1996

From: Koch, KA Kimberly 4384 on Mon, Sep 23, 1996 8:45 AM
Subject: Unsaved letters
To: 'Michael Gunter'

 ----------
From: Michael Gunter
To: Koch, KA Kimberly 4384
Subject: Principalities
Date: Friday, September 20, 1996 5:04PM

There have been several suggestions about how to deal with the problems
facing Ansteorra and not create Principalities.  One suggestion had to do
with creating semi-autonomous regions and calling them "Crown Colonies" or
"Republics" or some such and holding competitions for "Champions" of thes
regions.  Forgive me but that reminds me of the old adage "if it swims like
duck and quacks like a duck..."  How would having everything be like a
Principality but not calling it a Principality solve the problems that a
Principality would cause?  Also this debate is hot and devisive enough
without opening the "alternate tourney" can of worms.

Also some people have worried about the cost of another newsletter.  I am
far
from wealthy but I don't think another $10 a year for something that I would
use as much as a Principality newsletter is too high an expense.

Sir Keif stated that new members growing up in a Principality may consider
the principality first and Ansteorra second.  I agree, but I feel that there
will always be a certain pride in declaring yourself an "Ansteorran" whether
it be just full "Ansteorran" or an "Ansteorran from the Principality of
Bob".

Some of the doom-saying that I've heard certainly sounds convincing and I'm
not saying that some of this will not come true, but there are several
Principalities in the Knowne Worlde and their Kingdoms have not been
destroyed.  We should learn from these Kingdoms and know what to expect and
how to stave off the birth-pangs these others felt.

I have as much love of Ansteorra as any other member, but I just feel that
the Kingdom needs some building and I do not feel that Principalities will
tear it down.

Yers,

Gunthar