Principalities

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Mon Sep 23 11:03:47 PDT 1996

Heilsa, Angus!

        My understanding, from what I have heard so far, is that the
question over who would "keep Ansteorra" has been the biggest stumbling
block to the idea of principalities all along.  The plan, as it was told to
me, is that NONE of the principalities would be "Ansteorra", only the
conglomerate of the principalities.  As the principalities grow and break
off into independent kingdoms, they would keep their principality name
leaving the last principality standing with "Ansteorra." But the plan also
wants to avoid allowing the principalities to ever become kingdoms, though
this is not going to be possible.  I don't think anyone should be fighting
for the name "Ansteorra"... after all, when I started playing this game,
Texas and Oklaholma were "Atenveldt"!  Times change, and names change with
them.  I think we're just as proud today of the name Ansteorra as we were of
Atenveldt, and we'll be just as proud of our new principality names in the
long run.

        Don't sweat the small stuff!  Instead, I'd be thinking of possible
names and armoury!  What will look neat on our new principality banners?
How about new principality awards, their functions, badges, etc.  There's a
lot of interesting, constructive stuff out there to worry about.

::GUNNORA::

>I do understand this. But the one of the points of creating a principality
>is, some time in the future, that principality may/will break off and found
>its own kingdom. If/When this occurs, who will keep the name of Ansteorra?
>That is my question. And I understand that this is not going to be
>happening tomorrow or next year. I just want the name of Ansteorra to be
>'assigned' to a particular region, and that region, I hope, will include
>Bryn Gwlad. :-)
>
>Angus
>>
>> In the 3 principality version that I heard, it wouldn't be a matter
>> of "who gets to be Ansteorra". The kingdom remains the same...
>> everyone will still be "Ansteorra", there will simply be three
>> principalities of Ansteorra.
>>
>> Gunhilda
>> miller at pp.okstate.edu

Gunnora Hallakarva