Perceptions

Lee Forgue eilis at haas.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 23 14:27:34 PDT 1996

At 01:15 PM 9/23/1996 -0500, Sir Lyonel wrote:
>As to the intent of your initial missive, M'Lord, I concur.  Money will be
>a consideration for many.  Even if we ignore the possibility of any of the
>Principalities becoming Kingdoms (an idea which I continue to contend
>should be a concern _only_ if some particular group is already dissatisfied
>with being part of Ansteorra _before_ they become a Principality), each new
>Principality will generate its own newsletter.  This new newsletter will
>probably cost somewhere in the vicinity of twelve dollars per annnum if
>produced monthly (my economics here may be a bit out of date--lo siento).

Actually, although each Principality is required to have a Chronicler and
produce a newsletter, there is *no* reason that this newsletter must be
subscription-based.  If a Principality is not in the process of actively
trying for Kingdom status, they just have to produce a newsletter of some
sort, distributed in some manner.

In both the Mists and Cynagua, the newsletter is produced and simply handed
out at Coronet Tournies and Investitures.  They include a listing of
Principality officers, a list of upcoming events, and some neat articles.
All the event copy and award lists are published primarily in the Kingdom
newsletters.  The Principality newsletters are paid for by the
Principalities -- and the Principalities are funded by their event fees.

It works for us...

  --- eilis, Westerner & Board Ombudsthing for Ansteorra