Principalities

dennis grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 23 20:24:32 PDT 1996

Laird Alan MacRonan MacCalum pondered:

>One thing puzzles me.  If this idea of principalities is so wonderful, why
>aren't we hearing from the ones who proposed it to the Crown and kingdom
>seneschal?  I would like to hear what their reasoning is.  Until I hear from
>those people themselves and can see that they are willing to stand up for what
>they propose, I can only vote no.
>Alan
>V. Allan Endel, Laird Alan MacRonan MacCalum of House Mac an Ghabhann and
>Keep of
>the Haunted Grove, resident of Dragonsfire Tor and the Barony of Elfsea

Laird Alan,

While I (and many others, no doubt) share your curiousity regarding the
inception of the recent Ansteorran principalities brouhaha, I cannot share
your rationale with regard to the question.  First, why would you assume the
originator of the proposal necessarily has access to e-mail?  We listservers
are, after all, still vastly in the minority.  Second, if the idea has
merit, it should not lose said merit in light of the character of its
originator (see also _ad hominem_).

Yours in Service

Sir Lyonel
Dennis G. Grace
Assistant Instructor
Postmodern Medievalist
Division of Rhetoric and Composition
University of Texas

By cause that I am a burel man,
At my bigynnyng first I yow biseche,
Have me excused of my rude speche.
I lerned nevere rethorik, certeyn;
Thyng that I speke, it moot be bare and pleyn.
                         --Jeff Chaucer