Principalities

Mitchell, Paul MITCHELL at dallas.genphysics.com
Tue Sep 24 06:41:00 PDT 1996

Galen replies to Larkin:

>----------
>From: ansteorra-owner
>To: ansteorra
>Subject: Re: Principalities
>Date:  September 23, 1996 4:14PM
>
>On 23 Sep 96 9:10 , Mitchell, Paul wrote:
>
>> There's a dis-incentive for many people to go to events outside
>> their kingdom and/or principality:  The Crown or Coronet of an area
>> you don't live it can't give you awards except with the permission
>> of _your_ ruler.  If you have a choice between going to an event
>> where your activity might contribute to your eventually earning an
>> award, or one where it won't, that other event will need to be a
>> whole lot more fun to make up for the loss of award-earning
>> potential.
>

>If I get to the point where the fun being at events isn't the primary
>reason for my going to events then I hope I have sense enough to quit
>going.
>
>Larkin

So, Larkin, are you saying that you don't get any pleasure from the
knowledge that they give awards for the activity you're enjoying, and
that if you should be noticed doing it well, you might get one of those
awards?  I'm not suggesting it's anyone's primary reason for going
to events, but doesn't it make the event that much sweeter?  Would
you be just as happy to go to events that lack that aspect?  I think
most people would prefer to keep that possibility, and that this would
tend to influence (not compel) them to go events within their own
principality, and not to others.

Another argument against this principality proposal.

 - Galen