Lyonesse was Re: principalities...border

Mairi sionnach at io.com
Tue Sep 24 09:35:48 PDT 1996

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Deborah Sweet wrote:

> Gunnora wrote:
> >Oh, Estrill, are you ever missing out.  The Barony of Bjornsborg's
> >annual Tournee de Lyonesse is possibly the best event held world wide
> >by any branch of the SCA.  I realize that I am biased, being a native
> >of Bjornsborg, but Lyonesse (along with the Tournament of the Lions
> >that parented it) really does capture the magic and the feel of what >
> >the SCA is supposed to be about. Take the chance one spring (early
> >March, usually) and come down & see us. If it's too far to drive, let
> >us know... if you fly in someone can come get you and crash
> >space/tents/cabins can be found for you!
>

> Yes, I've heard that Lyonesse is a wonderful event. I'd really like to
> go someday. Experiencing a high persona event would definitely be a
> novelty.
>
> Estrill

	Lyonesse was our first event (we'd been to fighter practice one
time preceding the event!), last year, and was truly what hooked us into
the SCA. It was *incredible*. We naively thought that all SCA events were
like that, and were disappointed after our second. Lyonesse truly embodied
'the Dream', for us anyway. I would recommend the drive to anyone who has
not attended it.

			Fionnghal inghean Tormoid Mhor mhic Leoid
			Fearchar mac Torcail mac Leoid

		mka     Mairi Macleod Reyer
			Andrew Yount