principalities...borders/Regional di

Mitchell, Paul mitchell at dallas.genphysics.com
Wed Sep 25 12:39:40 PDT 1996

Ok, Kief asserted that:

>Well, there it is again. _Everyone_ will have many complaints about _any_
>division. Remember folks, this is _not_ one "area" or "region" that is
trying
>to split off from Ansteorra. This is supposed to be a fair and equal
division
>that serves the needs of the growing populace of Ansteorra. And, as such,
it
>will not necessarily maintain current Alliances nor regions.

Aren't we?  Most of the arguments I've heard in favor of principalities
won't fully kick in until those principalities break off to become kingdoms
(c.f. Gunnora's comments about polling orders).  The argument for putting
Bonwicke in the north seems to be one of ensuring that the north has the
potential to grow to kingom size.

We keep being told there's no real proposal; whence comes your assertions
about what "this is supposed to be"?  And why should as-yet-un-conceived
principalities be more important to me or the Shire of Treloch than our
"current Alliances" or regions?  Or must we also sacrifice those?

Like you, Kief, I like to help people to do what they want to do.  If
someone will tell me that he wants to go to the trouble of arranging a
principality in his area, I will be happy to advise him on how to go about
it.  I have not heard of any petitions going around in support of this idea.
 So why is this now a kingdom-wide topic?  I doubt many of us could get Duke
Inman to call all the Barons and have them start discussions about our
favorite topic.  So where has this come from, and why is it a secret?  Why
does this question only generate assertions that the answer is irrelevant?

And just to be mischevious, here's another can of worms:  fealty.  Will
knights and Barons swear fealty to the Crown, or to their Coronet, and
through the Coronet, to the Crown?  One leaves the Crown with vastly
diminished influence, the other leaves the Coronet largely powerless before
peers and nobles who have no oath binding them to the Prince.

No facts this time, just questions and opinions from

 - Galen of Bristol
soon to be pmitchel at flash.net