Principalities

Lori Jones LJONES at bashful.ossm.edu
Mon Sep 16 11:22:55 PDT 1996

(Just another $0.02 worth.....)

I was also under the impression that the proposed principalities
would only be "Crown Principalities" - which, I've been told,
means that the principalities would exist solely for the
purpose of better administration (not for a coronet list).
Kind-of like our already existing regional structure, but a
little more official and (hopefully) more effective.  I was also
under the impression that it would not happen in the near future.

I don't know anything about "Crown Principalities" vs. the regular
type of Principalities (the kind with reigning Coronets) - or even
if there really is a difference.  Many of us have been looking
through the Corporate Docs, trying to find a place which explains the
difference, and to date have not found anything.  If anyone knows
where the definition of Crown Principality (not the regular
Principality) can be found in any of our Society's Handbooks,
could you please e-mail me and let me know? (LJONES at ossm.edu)

For those of you wanting more information, the Crown or the
Kingdom Seneschal (or their official deputies) would probably
welcome the opportunity to give the CORRECT information.
Please contact them directly.  I believe many of the Landed Nobility
have also been contacted in an official capacity and might have
answers for you  (If not, I'm sure they could obtain them).

Don't let this be one of those things that gets misunderstood from
the start because people have incorrect or incomplete information.
As this issue has the potential to be VERY inflamatory, get the facts
FIRST.

To my knowledge this idea hasn't been formalized in a written
proposal - maybe this would be a good thing to suggest to the "powers
that be".

Try to keep in mind, although we are all free to discuss this amongst
ourselves (on or off the net), there is only one means which is
official.  If you really want your opinion to make a difference,
write it down, put a stamp on it, and send it to the people making
the decisions.

As they have said many times, this Crown does not appreciate
individuals that like to "stir the pot" and cause dissention.  They
will make a very hard-line decision (that we will ALL have to live
with) if they feel they must - as was the case in the recent past.
I'm sure they feel they are acting in the best interests of the kingdom
as a whole - whether or not we agree with them.

Just a note to those who seem so eager to cut Oklahoma and the Texas
panhandle off from the rest of the Kingdom:

Gee, it's nice to feel so loved and appreciated!

Bs. Kat MacLochlainn
Barony of Wiesenfeuer

(I think I'll sit down and shut up now....sorry for being
long-winded, but then, you seldom hear from me anyway.....) :-)