Principalities

dentim at mail.myriad.net dentim at mail.myriad.net
Mon Sep 16 20:25:31 PDT 1996

Greetings!

>>>To my knowledge this idea hasn't been formalized in a written
>>>proposal - maybe this would be a good thing to suggest to the "powers
>>>that be".
>>Announcing it in a court is as about as formal as the SCA can get beyound
>>a formal poll.
>
>Who announced it in what court?  (I'm not doubting you, I would just
>like to know).
>Neither Inman, nor the Crown went to Stargate Baronial last weekend,
>and I thought the issue would have come up sooner if it had been
>announced at Bryn Gwlad.

 The Baron&Baroness of Stargate announced the proposal at morning court on
Saturday, the 14th.

>>On this one the crown should have at least informed all the seneschals
>>and Landeds in writing at once.

   The B&B also said that the Landed B&B's had been informed. The way they
said it sounded like it had been *very* recent.

>>People will go off on what
>>they thought they heard and what they thought it means.
>
>My concern precisely.  And then the Crown may react to the people who
>are overreacting and the whole thing escalates from there.

>Kat
>Barony of Wiesenfeuer

        My Lords and Ladies,
I was at Stargate Baronial on Saturday for the announcement and most of the
afternoon meeting. Allow me to share what I saw and heard as neutrally as
possible...

Being as new( >1yr) as I am, I didnt realize the significance of the
proposal beyond "wow, thats different/interesting/cool". I honestly didnt
understand what exactly was on the line until later in the afternoon (during
the meeting). While walking around the site the rest of the day, I asked
alot of questions and listend to a lot of people.

Overall, the mood and reaction I saw was negative. Comments on the con side
ranged from:  promoting regional strife, to not wanting some King from a
different region to pick "our" leaders, to complaints about "building
personal empires".   On the pro side ... Having more Royals to interact with
more local groups,  Easier management at a higher level,  and possible
Kingdomhood of the southern region.
I do not know the fesibility or validity of any of these statements.

The next day at my group's (Ravens Fort) site work day, the subject was
brought up and roundly thrashed. Baroness Crystal also said that she had
*not* been informed of this proposal.

timo
stillsorelittlescumsuckingmutantleftie