Principalities

Mitchell, Paul MITCHELL at dallas.genphysics.com
Mon Sep 23 06:04:00 PDT 1996

Before Calontir became a kingdom, a large portion of the folks in the
Barony of Three Rivers (which sits right on the border between
Calontir and the Midrealm) would just as soon go to events in Illinois,
Indiana and Wisconsin as to events in Calontir.  After their first
Crown Tourney/Coronation, that travel all but stopped.  There was the
expectation that everyone was supposed to support the new kingdom by
only going to Calontir events.

The joke now is that, for figuring travel times, it takes 3-4 hours to
cross the Mississippi River.  This makes Manhattan, KS "closer" than
Springfield, IL.

Me, I'm about the only person that regularly and frequently goes to
events on *both* sides of the border, so much so that I've got
authorization cards from both kingdoms (and have been offered one from
Meridies, as well).  A border is just a line on a map, as far as I'm
concerned.

Mikjal Annarbjorn
Citizen of the Known World.
 --
Michael A. Chance          St. Louis, Missouri, USA    "At play in the
fields
Play: mchance at crl.com
_________

Yes, and he used to be my squire, two, having lived in both Drachenwald and
Ansteorra, as well!

 - Sir Galen of Bristol