Principalities

Lee Forgue eilis at haas.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 23 11:25:56 PDT 1996

At 09:10 AM 9/23/1996 EDT, Galen wrote:

>There's a dis-incentive for many people to go to events outside their
>kingdom and/or principality:  The Crown or Coronet of an area you don't
>live it can't give you awards except with the permission of _your_ ruler.
>If you have a choice between going to an event where your activity might
>contribute to your eventually earning an award, or one where it won't, that
>other event will need to be a whole lot more fun to make up for the loss of
>award-earning potential.

Galen, this is mildly wrong.  Permission must be given only for awards that
carry arms (and precedence).  I have always lived in the Principality of the
Mists, but I hold awards from Cynagua and Lochac (as well as the Barony of
the Far West).  Permission was not required for these awards, since they did
not convey arms.

  --- eilis