principalities...borders/newletters/events

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Mon Sep 23 15:31:13 PDT 1996

>>Kief here... This is true Estrill. You probably get Calontir's _Mews_
>>and the _Black Star_. Now, the real question is are you willing to pay
>>$$$ for the other principalitie's newsletters, (or if they become
>>Kingdoms) their news-letters?!
>
>>Sir Kief av Kiersted...
>
>To be bluntly truthful, No, I would not probably get the south/coastal
>area principality/kingdom newsletter. I've never been to any events that
>far south (extremely few have ever been tempting enough to even consider
>traveling 10-14 or more hours one-way), and in all likelihood I never
>will. However, if I was going to get even *more* than 3 newsletters, I
>would consider getting this one.
>
>As for the central area principality/kingdom, yes, I think I would get
>the newsletter.
>
>Estrill

Oh, Estrill, are you ever missing out.  The Barony of Bjornsborg's annual
Tournee de Lyonesse is possibly the best event held world wide by any branch
of the SCA.  I realize that I am biased, being a native of Bjornsborg, but
Lyonesse (along with the Tournament of the Lions that parented it) really
does capture the magic and the feel of what the SCA is supposed to be about.
Take the chance one spring (early March, usually) and come down & see us.
If it's too far to drive, let us know... if you fly in someone can come get
you and crash space/tents/cabins can be found for you!

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde