canvas tent material ...

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Tue Sep 24 10:33:26 PDT 1996

Connor Mac CLure announced:

Greeting to all,

	First may I ask for you pardons as I am new here in this forum.
I have been inquired by many persons as to how and of what material to
make period tents. Here in Bryn Gwlad I have found a Sail and canvas shop
willing to sell with a discount for quanity, canvas and canvas type water
and mold resistant materials. One of the owners said to me that they
maybe interested in taking on making pavillions in the winter months
only.

		May my Baron forgive if I have be ofensive, but as soon
as she can get new samples she is prepared to attend fighter practice to
let all see and get pricing. This will proboble be within 2 weeks.

You might also want to get a look at some of my files to find out what
others have used in materials and why. Two files that might be useful
are:
tent-fabrics-msg  (41K)  9/ 4/96    Fabrics and treatments to use in tents.
tent-sources-msg  (59K)  9/20/96    Pavilion and canvas merchants.

If you check with the other canvas merchants you will have an idea of
what the going prices are as well as the various wieghts. It is also a
good idea to buy or obtain catalogs from various tent merchants since
they often highlight what they think is important in construction or
materials. These catalogs are also a good place to find style ideas.
<<<<

		I will have some factory perpared samples tue night at
fighter practice, Sept 24.

Connor, thank you for pursuing this. I am also posting this message to
the bryn-gwlad list since this appears to have been written more for an
Austin audience.

Stefan li Rous

Oh yes, my files are available at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html
<<<<<

			Inguires too:

	Carey McCLure, Apple Safe & Lock, Austin, Tx.

	aka Connor Mac CLure, Blacksmith of Ayr, Scotland

	God / King / Barony / Self