principalities...borders/Regional di

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Wed Sep 25 11:19:50 PDT 1996

Heilsa good and true Ansteorrans!

Kief again...

>(Galen typed:)

>>(Kief mused and wrote:)

>Kief suggested:
>>The "Northern principality" would consist of Barony Bonwick, Barony Eldern
>>Hills, Barony Namron, Barony Wiesenfeuer, and the soon to be Barony
>>Northkeep, Shire Adlesruhe, and then all of the current Northern Region.
>>This would give that principality 5 baronies and 6 other groups.
>
>I agree that separating Bonwicke from the other groups in West Texas is
>probably not a good idea.

Again, I will say that _fi_ this ever happens (the division) the split will be
based on _equality_ of numbers and groups. Distance will be a _major_ factor in
deciding where the "lines of division" are to be placed.

Bonwicke "fits" better in the "Northern principality". If it is ever formed.

>>The "Western principality" would consist of Barony Elfsea, Barony Bryn
>>Gwlad,
>>Barony Bjornborg and all groups west of a line that includes Shire Emerald
>>Keep and Incipient Shire River in the Trees. (Mundanely Waco and Victoria).
>>
>>This would give that principality 3 (large and strong) Baronies, and 12
>>other
>>groups.
>
>Can't say as I much care for the idea of separating Steppes and Elfsea,
>either.  Mundanely, it's almost all one local area, and many people live in
>one of these groups, but play in the other.

Well, there it is again. _Everyone_ will have many complaints about _any_
division. Remember folks, this is _not_ one "area" or "region" that is trying
to split off from Ansteorra. This is supposed to be a fair and equal division
that serves the needs of the growing populace of Ansteorra. And, as such, it
will not necessarily maintain current Alliances nor regions.

>>The "Eastern principality" would include all the other groups. Barony
>Steppes,
>>Barony Raven's Fort, Barony Stargate, Barony Loch Soillier, and Barony
>>Bordermarch. This would give that principality 5 baronies, as well as 9
>>other
>>groups.
>
>Of course, I'm still opposed to having the kingdom split up into
>principalities this way, and besides, the local branches themselves need to
>be the ones deciding if they want to be in which principality.

I, too, and against the division of the Kingdom...(like all of you don't know
this by now...*grin*)

However, keep this in mind also. If the Kingdom divided, we _MUST_ keep at
least a common point of reference on our principality's borders. Think of it as
3 pieces of pie coming together in the middle of Ansteorra. Any scenario that
leaves us split into principalities without contiguous borders will _certainly_
lead to a move for a separate Kingdom quite rapidly.

> - Galen of Bristol
>soon to be pmitchel at flash.net

Sir Kief av Kiersted...

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."