Principalities, Opinions, and Personal Attacks

Richard Bainter pug at interval.net
Thu Sep 26 07:38:19 PDT 1996

> Pardon me, Gunnora, but, hogwash.

*laughs*

> The 1st Amendment applies *ONLY* to the Federal Government.

Very true.

> Nowhere does this say that private entities, be they individual citizens,
> groups, or businesses, may not abridge free speech. Eden.com (the owners,
> SysAdmins, and/or ListAdmins (Hi, Pug!)) are perfectly within their rights to
> at any time and for any arbitrary reason demand that we discontinue any
> discussion and/or toss us individually, severally, or collectivley off their
> servers.  They own and administer the equipment that hosts this list and thus
> have the right to determine how that equipment is used and by whom.

Good luck getting either of us from doing that! Remember Litch? I
wouldn't even stiffle him despite the massive complaints. I feel very
strongly about freedom of opinion/speach. The only time I will voluntarily
stiffle anyone is *if* there is massive SPAMing due to intentional or
unintentional means. I will unvoluntarily do it by mundane court or
society Crown order.

Although Eden is (unfortunately) more likely to stiffle things, I am
farily certain they will follow my lead on this.

To stiffle anything on here, I would have to read, judge and process
every message sent to the list. This is not my idea of a fun week. (It's
happened once before due to a rogue system posting things back to the
list.) This causes slowing down of the communications lines. If we want
that, we can use USmail. *grin*

Just wanted to be on the record about this again. *smile*

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something