Mistaken Impressions

Michael Gunter michael_gunter1 at msmail.fnts.com
Fri Sep 27 08:49:56 PDT 1996

Well met Gunnora,

Dear lady much of what you have written here I agree with fully but I feel
that I must address something which may have been misinterpeted.

I can understand your dislike for every other Crown being the same people,
even I sometimes go "Oh come on! Again?".  However sometimes the Kingdom is
best served by someone coming on again and filling a role they do well.  Some
people take a while before they learn the role, but when they do I feel they
add to the SCA instead of detracting.  Think of all the Crown who in their
first (and second, and third) were terrible but got much better.  It was a
good thing to have Duke Inman as King during the BoD crisis.

Also, speaking as a fighter, should I ever be so unfortunate as to win th e
Throne I would like to know that there was the possibility that I could have
fought everyone who had won before.  Whether they were in the list or not I
still prefer the option to be open.  Banning fighters from entering the lists
does neither the group nor the other combatants any honor.

This may sound like a flame but I assure you it is not.  Only there could be
some who feel that what you said could be a personal insult.  I do not feel
this was so but thought I should mention it.

Yers,

Gunthar