Lyoness, etc...

Michael Gunter michael_gunter1 at msmail.fnts.com
Mon Sep 30 09:03:07 PDT 1996

I fully agree with His Excellancy Kein.  I enjoy the standard double-elim
tourney mainly because it allows the fighter to shine alone.  There is no
doubt about the outcome of a fight when one is standing and one is lying
down.  Although I do enjoy many of the more period styles of tournament I
have seen too many of them become personality contests and where fighting
skill is frequently less important than play-acting.  There have been
instances where great acts of skill and chivalry have been performed at
period-style events (Dukes Lloyd, Inman, and Jonathan taking on all comers at
once at the gap).  But one of the things I love about the elimination
tournament is watching the last two competitors battle it out for the title.
THERE'S pomp and excitement as well.

Yers,

Gunthar