Something new?

hatfira at dialin.econonet.com hatfira at dialin.econonet.com
Mon Sep 30 18:50:09 PDT 1996

Good ladies and gentes:

Pardon the intrusion and possible insult that may incur after this
message.  I'm a newbie to the SCA (well, not entirely and completely a
newbie, but pretty close) and have been reading your postings for some
time.  I finally had to write and ask why do the people involved in the
SCA seem to be only interested in A.) principalities B.)rules of
tournaments and C.) fighting in tournaments?  I understand that,
obviously, A LOT of people respond to these subjects, but after awhile
it seems like beating a dead horse.  I have yet to read about the
upcoming Rennaisance Fair, the monthly meetings or even a hint as to
what upcoming SCA events will be taking place.  Is there nothing else
going on in the kingdom or will be taking place that makes people
discuss it?  Since I am new to the kingdom and fairly new to SCA, it
saddens me to think that no one talks of the art and science festivals,
upcoming classes to learn a variety of different things,ect.  Perhaps
I'm looking in the wrong place and if so, please point me in the right
direction.  I am eager to learn the many different aspects of SCA, but
all I read about is fighting (as in tournament talks) and arguements
(ie. the principality issue).  Thank you for your time and my humblest
apologies to anyone I may have offended.

Lady Quintessa Ariana Bowyer