Something new?

Carey McClure applelk at eden.com
Mon Sep 30 23:48:30 PDT 1996

hatfira at dialin.econonet.com wrote:

> Good ladies and gentes:
>
> Pardon the intrusion and possible insult that may incur after this
> message.  I'm a newbie to the SCA (well, not entirely and completely a
> newbie, but pretty close) and have been reading your postings for some
> time.  I finally had to write and ask why do the people involved in the
> SCA seem to be only interested in A.) principalities B.)rules of
> tournaments and C.) fighting in tournaments?  I understand that,
> obviously, A LOT of people respond to these subjects, but after awhile
> it seems like beating a dead horse.  I have yet to read about the
> upcoming Rennaisance Fair, the monthly meetings or even a hint as to
> what upcoming SCA events will be taking place.  Is there nothing else
> going on in the kingdom or will be taking place that makes people
> discuss it?  Since I am new to the kingdom and fairly new to SCA, it
> saddens me to think that no one talks of the art and science festivals,
> upcoming classes to learn a variety of different things,ect.  Perhaps
> I'm looking in the wrong place and if so, please point me in the right
> direction.  I am eager to learn the many different aspects of SCA, but
> all I read about is fighting (as in tournament talks) and arguements
> (ie. the principality issue).  Thank you for your time and my humblest
> apologies to anyone I may have offended.
>
> Lady Quintessa Ariana Bowyer

	Dear Lady,

			There are two mailing lists here at eden 1) is the anstoerra
which is state wide and 2) Byrn Gwlad and some of the locals are talking of the TRF
opens this weekend and only on the weekends.

			Here are some sites that maybe of interest to you as well:

	Texas Ren. Festival		www.adotcom.com/txrenfest/home

	Ansteorra Calendar of events
                                www.uta.edu/student_orgs/sca/ansteorra/calendar.html

	Rialto Archive (great research)	www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

	Irish Womens names		www.vms.utexas.edu/~jdana/irehist.html

	Celtic Web page
                         mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu/~kundest/history/kelt/keltic.html

	SCR official web page		www.scr.org

	My two favorites are :

		www.eden.com/~aquinas/sca/sca.html        and

		www.realtime.net/~mordraut/   		Enjoy !

p.s.		I and friends are going to TRF openning and I am Camping over night and
       doing sunday as well.

		 Direction are on the TRF web site address above.

	GOD / KING /BARONY / SELF

	Connor Mac Clure
aka	Carey McClure, Apple Safe & Lock, Austin. (512) 918-0977