Something new?

Burke McCrory burkemc at ionet.net
Mon Sep 30 22:09:17 PDT 1996

At 08:50 PM 9/30/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Good ladies and gentes:
>
>Pardon the intrusion and possible insult that may incur after this
>message.  I'm a newbie to the SCA (well, not entirely and completely a
>newbie, but pretty close) and have been reading your postings for some
>time.  I finally had to write and ask why do the people involved in the
>SCA seem to be only interested in A.) principalities B.)rules of
>tournaments and C.) fighting in tournaments?  I understand that,
>obviously, A LOT of people respond to these subjects, but after awhile
>it seems like beating a dead horse.  I have yet to read about the
>upcoming Rennaisance Fair, the monthly meetings or even a hint as to
>what upcoming SCA events will be taking place.  Is there nothing else
>going on in the kingdom or will be taking place that makes people
>discuss it?  Since I am new to the kingdom and fairly new to SCA, it
>saddens me to think that no one talks of the art and science festivals,
>upcoming classes to learn a variety of different things,ect.  Perhaps
>I'm looking in the wrong place and if so, please point me in the right
>direction.  I am eager to learn the many different aspects of SCA, but
>all I read about is fighting (as in tournament talks) and arguements
>(ie. the principality issue).  Thank you for your time and my humblest
>apologies to anyone I may have offended.
>

>Lady Quintessa Ariana Bowyer

Dear Lady,

You offend no one, you are right that there are a number of other things
going on in the Kingdom.  It is just that sometimes a particular "new"
topic comes along and elicits a great deal of discussion.  Please feel free
to ask any questions or start any topics that may be of interest to you.  I
know that many of the others on this list share a wide variety of interests
and will be happy to engage in discussion with you and others.

Burke McCrory
burkemc at ionet.net
aka. Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald