Round Robins

Burke McCrory burkemc at ionet.net
Mon Apr 14 11:16:53 PDT 1997

At 12:46 PM 4/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Could someone please explain to me the rules for a round robin final in
>Crown Tourney?  I was under the impression that each fighter would get two
>fights with each of the others, making it fair and equitable to all the
>fighters who had fought very hard to get to the finals.
>
>Geoffrey Sparhauk, Disgruntled Ansteorran Subject.

The normal format for Crown is single elim best two out of three.  If you
come down to three fighters it is sometime fought as a round robin.  HRM
told us before the list that he would use the round robin format if it came
down to three fighters.  He decided that each fighter would get one fight
best two out of three in the round robin.  The loser of the first fight
would face the third fighter.  The winner of that fight would face the
winner of the first fight.  This ment that if it fell just right they could
have to start all over and do it again.  Since the loser of the first fight
also lost the second fight, he was eleminated from the round robin and the
other two fighters with one win apeace fought a normal crown fight best two
out of three.

In Service to the Dream

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald

mka. Burke McCrory