Viking Answer Lady Updates

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Mon Apr 14 21:11:48 PDT 1997

Heilsa, All.

I have recently done some more updating on the Viking answer Lady webpage.

The newest article concerns Homosexuality in the Viking Age.

Other topics covered include:
======================
What did the Vikings eat?
What did the Viking women wear?
What kind of ships did the Vikings sail?
What kind of navigation tools did the Vikings have?
A history and discussion of Viking boardgames
An explanation of the different types of Viking poetry
Viking Weddings
What was a berserker?  Did all Vikings bite their shields?
What kind of armor and weapons did the Vikings use?
Did the Vikings believe in ghosts?
Are the Kensington and Heavener Runestones authentic?
How can I shop for amber today and not get cheated?

Subjects currently being researched by The Viking Answer Lady which should
appear on the webpage over the next few months include:
What kind of hairstyles did Viking men wear?
Who were the Varangians?
Did the Vikings sail the Mediterranean and the African coast?
Did the Vikings invade Wales do any significant degree?
If a person's ancestors came mostly from Ireland and Wales, what are the
chances that they have also have Viking ancestory too?

Plus continuing work on adding artwork and diagrams to existing articles,
and upgrading artwork on those articles that already have art.

Wassail,
::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde