Cooking Guild

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Tue Apr 15 10:14:38 PDT 1997

> Greetings Gentles,
>
> I am trying to start up a cooking guild in my shire. Several of our
> members have expressed interest in attending. Can anyone give me
> advice about good ways to run the guild? I would like some pizzazz in
> the first couple of meetings. Any ideas? Period recipes, cookbooks,
> ingredients, spices, etc. What would be the best format for the
> classes? Any caveats for the guild? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Grace and Peace,
>
> Jovian Skleros

Greetings Jovian,

Probably the best way to get a cooking guild started would be to get all of those
who are interested over some night and work on making a couple versions of a
period recipe.  Maybe have everyone make the same recipe ahead of time and then
bring their creations over to the meeting to taste, compare, argue, etc...

It's great fun and very educational.  Do this once a week or every two weeks and
ta-dah!  You have a cooks guild!

For some more information you may wish to subscribe to the sca-cooks list or get
the (hopefully) soon to be released Ansteorran Cook's newsletter.  If I can ever
get the bloody thing printed off and mailed.

Hope this helps some.

Yers,

Gunthar