Pennsic War

Kathy Lee kal35810 at jetson.uh.edu
Sun Apr 20 14:02:13 PDT 1997

>     Greetings,
>
>     I'm new to the kingdom and wondered about plans for Pennsic War.  Does
>     everyone generally stay in the Ansteorran encampment?  And who is the
>     contact point for this year.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Tadhg

We discussed this at Squires' this weekend ... good timing.  Generally, the
kingdom tends to all camp together at the war.  This year, YOU MUST BE
PRE-REGISTERED TO RESERVE CAMPING SPACE.  We are trying to get inserts in
the May Blackstar, or you can download the information from the Midrealm's
web site:

www.midrealm.org

The pre-registration fee is $60 per adult, and is due (not postmarked --
due) by June 1, 1997.  There is a process set up for refunds (no later than
7/31) if you find you cannot attend.

I will also be sending out an Ansteorran information sheet very shortly with
questions about your tent size, group you plan to camp with, etc.  This will
help us better coordinate and set up our camp.

Pennsic this year is August 2 (land rush) through August 17, and is at
Coopers Lake Campground in New Castle, Pennsylvania.

I strongly suggest that everyone in the kingdom who even thinks they might
attend the war pre-register.  Last year, many people did not, and there was
not enough land.  (Just ask anyone who went!)  If you do not pre-register
this year, there may not be enough space for you to set up your tent with
the rest of Ansteorra.

I will be helping coordinate Ansteorra's camp at the war this year.  If you
would like to help, please feel free to volunteer.  Also, if you would like
to teach any classes at the war, let me know & I'll get you in touch with
the coordinators.

In service,

Katerina Aretino
(Kat)