Stefan's New Files for May

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Apr 21 10:06:03 PDT 1997

A Blending of the Past and Present

Here is the list of my featured SCA Rialto files for this month. I have
files for all interests. If none of the files below interest you, ask for
a copy of my complete file list. If you would like a copy of any of these
files, just let me know. I can print them on paper for you, copy them
to a computer disk or send them by email.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html, although it may be a week
or two before the newest files are on-line.

    Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036   markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files for this month:

arrow-making-FAQ      Making arrows.
Artem-hist-msg        Histories of the Kingdom of Artemisia.
blksm-welding-msg     Forge welding. fluxes.
bone-msg              Working with bone and antler.
cookbooks-bib         Cookbook bibliography by Jaelle of Armida.
fiber-blunts-art      ÒExperimental Fiberglass Shafts and Plastic

                         Cored BluntsÓ by Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf.
gem-sources-msg       Sources for real and artificial gemstones.
ME-feasts-msg         Middle Eastern feasts. sitting, serving.
names-Irish-msg       Sources and comments on Irish names.
p-sumpt-laws-msg      Period sumptuary laws.
rose-water-msg        Where to buy. How to make. Rose-water uses.
tent-making-msg       Useful ideas when making tents.
Vik-Shp-lst-art       "Little Viking's Holiday Shopping List"
                         by Gunnora Hallakarva.
WB-tuning-FAQ         Walk-back tuning of bows.

Here are some of the files which have had substantial additions recently:

parchment-msg         Making and buying parchment. substitutes.
spices-msg            Info. on spices, sources for spices.
SwissGuard-msg        Swiss mercenaries hired by the Pope.
universities-msg      Medieval universities.

<end>