gypsies

Sissel Amundsen Sissel_Amundsen at fcgate.surrart.ac.uk
Wed Apr 23 06:20:48 PDT 1997

HI!

My name is Sissel Amundsen, and I'm attending Surrey Institute of Art &
Design, in England.
I'm doing a degree in photography .
I've got your address from internet, and I hope that you don't mind if I write
to you.

The thing is:
 Our class is  going to Hungary, Budapest on Monday. We are supposed to do a
photography project over there. My idea for the project is doing a documentary
on the gypsies in Budapest. I'm really interested in their culture and all the
myths about them.
In that connection, it has arised some difficulties, that I hope maybe you can
help me with..
I've  heard that they are a very " private" people, that doesn't really like
being photographed,
And I wonder how to act and approach them,and that kind of practical things..
And do you know, who I maybe can contact, an organization or whatever, that
can help me to get in touch with them?

I'm very grateful for a soon answer.
Sincerely
Sissel