Ivanhoe

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Wed Apr 23 13:17:55 PDT 1997

> From wf3 at icok.net Wed Apr 23 15:08:47 1997
> Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 14:54:12 -0500
> From: "E.Preston III & Shelly K.Walker" <wf3 at icok.net>
> To: ansteorra at eden.com
>
> Nobody want to critique Ivanhoe?
> I loved it from beginning to end, all six hours. The flaws that I noted
> were really nit picking, and hardly worth mentioning.
> Anyone else actually see it?
> Britta the Red
> Gnomon Vale

I only got to catch about 15 minutes of it.  I got to see an early tournament that
impressed me so much that I was eager to go to Octavian this weekend.  The armor
looked okay and in period but I can't say too much about the show since I missed
it.

I watched the final fight also. Not bad choreography, the knight character was
wearing cloth instead of mail (true chainmail is one of the things I look for in
a period show).  Except for the couple of "nit-picky" things, the show had a very
good Medieval "feel".

Yers,

Gunthar