Chili

dennis guy grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 23 13:05:58 PDT 1997

Greetings, Cosyns,

Lyonel aqui.

>>and where are the peppers?  habenero preferred ...
>>serrano's suitable .... jalapeno's in a pinch
>
>I am growing habenero's and serrano's in my garden this year. I can bring
>those!

Haben~eros AND serranos?  No no no.  The bitterness of the serrano doesn't
mix well with the sharp heat of the haben~ero.  Just bring the haben~eros
(save the serranos for a jicama, orange, and cilantro pico de gallo).  Then
cut WAY back on the cumin (personally, I just say the word "cumin" in the
vicinity of the pot--softly--with the lid on) and mix in some chipotle
(roasted jalapen~o) for smokiness.  Jhesu Cristo!  I better go eat something.

Yours in Slavering Service

Sir Lyonel
Dennis G. Grace
Postmodern Medievalist