E-Mailable Virus Alert! (fwd)

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Apr 1 07:38:53 PST 1997

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Chris Garrett wrote:
> If you pull this shit again I will hunt you down and rip yoour ass
> apart you juvenile little shit.

*blink*  It seems to be to be well within the limits of April Fool's
pranks.  Perhaps I was biased by knowing that e-mail viruses can't
exist using current software -- you have to take positive action
(decode and execute an attachment, say) to get any problems.

> IT IS BETTER TO FALL UPON YOUR OWN SWORD THAN TO OFFEND A CRANE!!!!!!

I'm not so sure.  I suspect your average foul-tempered bird wants to
attack the eyes and face area.  A flying crane just isn't well-adapted
to that.  As well, they look rather delicate to me.

Now if they're standing, *some* crane-like birds are tall -- blue
herons, for example -- and could cause problems.  For your
run-of-the-mill shortish crane standing there, though, there is a
chance of some puncture wounds (and in a delicate area if the crane
knew where to strike a human) but I wouldn't be incredibly worried.

Offending a raptor, though, which is adapted for flying attacks --
THAT would worry me.

(BTW, I don't happen to own a sword, or it's packed away at the
moment.  My bread knife is the largest blade I have handy; would that
do if I've offended you?  Or perhaps the wicker-and-wood letter opener
Amra gave me years ago?)

Daniel "but I digress ..." de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com
tmcd at mcdaniel.dallas.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.