E-Mailable Virus Alert! (fwd)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Apr 1 08:53:57 PST 1997

Good Morning,

> You may not be aware of it, but many of us on this list fought a long
> battle with someone who felt that obscenities were acceptable on this
> list. That person is no longer on this list.

  Before we get too far on this. The reason that the person in question
  left was not due to this particular issue. It was due to personal
  conflicts and concerns outside of anything associated with the SCA.

  I for one will still allow anyone to say whatever they want in the
  area of "foul" language. If that is the only way someone can get their
  point across, they have more important concerns, such as their ability
  to clearly communicate.

  I'm fairly tolerant of "off-topic" discussions and haven't had to put
  a stop to any yet.

  On the other hand, I will not tolerate SPAM due to it not being
  appropriate to the direction of this list. I will try to avoid it with
  all of my abilities, which luckily hasn't been a problem yet.

  Of course harmless jokes are just that.

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  |  "If you want my views of history,
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   there is something you should know.