fearsome birds

Keith Duke duke at gte.net
Fri Apr 4 00:47:21 PST 1997

----------
> From: E.Preston III & Shelly K.Walker <wf3 at icok.net>
> To: ansteorra at eden.com
> Subject: Re: fearsome birds
> Date: Thursday, April 03, 1997 9:26 PM
>
> Zill & Widow wrote:
> >
> > I've never heard a snipe call.. anyone care to demonstrate?
> >
> A snipe call is so distinctive, and yet so illusive, it is impossible to
> translate into cybertalk. The skill one must possess to mimic the snipe
> call is above me.
> Britta the Red
> Gnomon Vale

Yes Britta, I know what you mean. I heard my one and only snipe call during
my 'abducted by aliens' adventure.  The only thing I can say is that any
Elvis record played backwards comes close to a crested woodbonker snipe, at
least while sitting in the saucer. Or was that while hitting the sauce?
:>)

Piotr

Keith Duke - duke at GTE.net
Member of the Society for Creative Anachronisms
Piotr Balomirin syn Barsukov
Barony of Northkeep, Ansteorra
Northkeep Power & Light -  I'm Curley, Larry & Moe are the other two...