Melees at Steppes Warlord

eric caladin at mail.io.com
Mon Apr 7 00:36:53 PDT 1997

YES!

I Wanna go!
If I'm there, draft me! put me to work!

Caladin... who thinks sponsoring melees after a tourney is a GREAT idea!!

P.S> addendum to bar fight Kein told me about a cool on he was in where
everone was seated at tables(hay bales) and sat on their weapons to simulate
bing in a sheath...

>I bid you all good day.  I will be sponsoring (setting up, maintaining,
>cleaning up, and general flunkeeing) a series of melee activities at
>Steppes Warlord in May.
>
>My current plan is to set up 2 fields, one for open field activities and
>the other with about 20 hay bales for barrier scenarios.  There will be
>scenarios for Armored combat and Rapier combat.  Siege weapons and
>combat archers are welcome and desired.  Bring all your toys.
>
>The details of scheduling have not been set in stone at this time, I
>will update everyone as we get closer to the event; but fighting will
>start at 2 P.M. on Friday, will continue for much of Saturday and Sunday
>as well.
>
>Obviously, I can't do the whole thing myself.  We will need extra
>waterbearers, TONS of extra marshals, and most importantly, your ideas.
>I have never been to Pennsic or Estrella, I don't know what scenarios
>people might like to play with.  My ideas so far are below:
>
>----------------------Armored Combat-------------------
>Bridge battles
>Gate battles
>Resurrection battles
>Small group battles (household vs household? etc)
>Local group battles (Steppes vs Elfsea? Graywood vs Emerald Keep? etc)
>---------------------Rapier Combat---------------------
>Shipboard battles
>Tavern Brawls
>Alley fights
>Small group battles (household vs household? etc)
>
>As you can see, we need more ideas.  Please spread the word about the
>melees and send me your ideas for scenarios.  I will be promoting it at
>every event I attend, but there will be no notification through the
>Black Star because we could not get the details finalized until after
>their deadline.
>
>Looking forward to fighting with all of you,
>Erc FitzMungo
>Barony of the Steppes
>Ansteorra

========
 Caladin Ironhearth Esq.             |   Eric W. Brown
 Scotland - 1596                     |   3229 Parkhills Drive,
 (look fer  me by the keg, laddie!)  |   Austin Texas 78746
                                     |   H (512)329-8643
                                     |   W (512)343-8833 xt. 235
========
 Green and White havsies with an     |   "Always remember the worst day of your
 otherway swapie doodle thingy       |    life, it sure beats the alternative."
 that looks like an ^ smack on it.   |    My Grandfather, John Brown