Cooking Guild

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue Apr 15 11:27:43 PDT 1997

I have been running a cooks guild for a while now in Bryn Gwlad. I get
2-5 people each month attending. If folks are new to cooking period food
you might want to start out with some tried and true recipes so everyone
can get use to the taste of period food. However, the true fun is in
redacting the recipes and seeing what it taste like.  I usually choose
the recipes and buy the ingredients and then we discuss how much of each
to add and keep tasting and adding 'til we have what we want.  I have
never been in a cooks guild before so I have no idea how they are usually
run. If possible, I think you should just set a regular time/place to
have it. I think that is one of the problems with my guild is that its
day each month changes since I hold it on a Sunday and I have to choose
one where I will be in town or back from an event in time.  If you tell
me what sort of recipes you are looking for (meat, veggie, dessert, etc)
I can send you some. There is also an excellent source of recipes that I
think are very useful on line provided by Duke Cariadoc at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/miscellany.html

Clarissa