Ansteorra at Pennsic

Casey Weed cjw at vvm.com
Mon Apr 21 21:35:43 PDT 1997

At 11:08 PM 4/21/97 -0500, His Highness wrote:
>Greetings.
>
>I would like to get the Kingdom's input on some things I'd like to do
>at Pennsic.

*snip*

>My estimate on the cost of all this (the tower, the chile, the gate, and
>the perimeter) is between $2000 and $3000. Alisha and I will "prime the
>pump" by donating $250 ourselves. The costs can be reduced somewhat by
>doing more work beforehand.

*snip*

I think this is a wonderful idea.  Penelope and I would be happy to organize
a fundraising auction towards this end. If any of you can think of a good
event to do this at please let me know so that we can get it in the 'notes
and challenges' section of the Blackstar as soon as possible.  If any of you
know any artisans who might like to contribute to such a cause, let me know
in this forum.  This will both let us know what level of interest there is
as well as what we might be able to advertise as being for bid should it
come to pass.

>Lastly, I would like everyone who goes to Pennsic to have an excellent
>time. Fight well. Shop till dawn. Learn from teachers from all over the
>known world. Enjoy the hospitality of camps from Caid to Drachenwald,
>from Lochac to Oertha. Show them all what it is to be an Ansteorran.
>HAVE FUN!
>
>Prince Kein MacEwan

Centurion Dieterich Kempenich von Eltz