Ansteorra at Pennsic

Lisa A. May xylm1 at ttacs1.ttu.edu
Tue Apr 22 09:00:50 PDT 1997

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Keith Ewing wrote:

> First of all, I would like all Ansteorrans to camp together, preferably
> with a little extra room between tents. This will require EVERYONE who
> is planning on going to Pennsic to preregister and pay before June 1st.
> (See Katriona's post concerning Pennsic on how to go about that.) Last
> year we were a little crowded because people didn't plan ahead.

Your Highness, from what I heard, you were *very* crowded last year
because of last-minute campers.  Might I suggest a Kingdom-wide mailer
to all Seneschals asking folks to pre-register (and including a copy of
the pre-registration form)?  Also, announcements in the next couple of
Black Stars would probably also help, if it isn't too late to arrange.

> Secondly, there are a few things that we have done in the past that I
> would like to do bigger and better. In the past a lot of the cool
> things that happen in the Ansteorran encampment at Pennsic have been
> substantially funded by a very few people. I would like to spread this
> financial burden around a bit, if people are willing. Last year we had

I know you've had at least one reply offering a fund-raiser.  I would
encourage anyone else willing to coordinate such a thing to have at it.
Ansteorra has been a growing and impressive presence at Pennsic -- our
camp should reflect the glory of our Kingdom!  I'll speak to Baron Alaric
and Baroness Kayleigh about trying to put something together for
Octavian, although it may be a little late as Octavian is this weekend!
If nothing else, perhaps we could at least "pass the helm."  Everyone *is*
coming, right?  ;-)

> Lastly, I would like everyone who goes to Pennsic to have an excellent
> time. Fight well. Shop till dawn. Learn from teachers from all over the
> known world. Enjoy the hospitality of camps from Caid to Drachenwald,
> from Lochac to Oertha. Show them all what it is to be an Ansteorran.
> HAVE FUN!

I get to go this year!  I get to go this year!  Please let Her Highness
know that I am at Her disposal, both at Pennsic and throughout Your
reign. And I *always* have fun at Pennsic -- I just seldom broadcast all
the reasons why!!

Margaret

Countess Margaret ny Connor  *  Lisa A. May               *
Barony of Bonwicke           *  Texas Tech School of Law  *
Kingdom of Ansteorra         *  Lubbock, TX               *