Nice wetha wa havin, eh???

Burke McCrory bmccrory at mercury.oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Apr 29 08:42:12 PDT 1997

At 10:28 AM 4/29/97 -0400, you wrote:

>>the sun came out once...when the autocrat began to speak....strange!
>
>This is not strange in Ansteorra. An entertaining story follows-  Nine
>Worthies 2, I believe, when the Iron Rose sat on the Throne and Dule Hector
>was her consort, was the wettest event I have seen in my years in the
>Society.  Torrential rains and high winds on Friday night drowned the site
>and blew just about every tent and pavillion into Meridies.
>  <snip>

Many are the tales of King vs weather in our fair Kingdom.  While legends
have been told about the feats of our Kings, I remember HRM Inman coming to
an event in Namron many years ago just as the remnants of a hurricane were
attempting to wash us away.  He stepped out onto the list field and told
the rain to stop.  Within 30 minutes the rain had stopped and the sky was
clearing.  However it is also known that Ansteorran Barons do not have this
special power.  Witness the many times that the Baron of Steppes has
commented on the good weather at Steppes Warlord only to have it begin to
pour within the hour.

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald

mka Burke McCrory
email:  burkemc at ionet.net