ANST - Re: common usage vs PC usage

J'lynn Yeates jyeates at bga.com
Sun Aug 3 12:33:13 PDT 1997

> 1.  What is a "newbie"?  Is that similar to the children's television
> program which displays "good bees" and "bad bees"??????  We don't have
> "newbies" in Ansteorra, Caladin.  We have new members, we have new
> interests, we have folks recently introduced to the Society and
> Ansteorran customs and culture.  However, we simply DO NOT HAVE
> "newbies"!!!

methinks you be too easily annoyed by a generic, commonly
accepted term that simply defines a short termer in an organization
(used in many other areas and groups)  ... would you perhaps prefer
"post-mundane neophyte" (g w/fangs)

... self was a pre-Aneteorran SCAdian newbie once (long ago
and far away) ... and later graduated to "erisian / keltoi / mongol /
biker scum".  have met *many* similar newbies over the years,
funny that they seem to be so invisible these day's

'wolf

note, i *not* PC (including it's subset, SC) or PC-sensitive and make
no apologies for that situation ... total waste of energies