ANST - Long Courts & Oaths

Burke McCrory bmccrory at mercury.oktax.state.ok.us
Mon Aug 4 14:11:52 PDT 1997

At 08:07 PM 8/4/97 GMT, you wrote:
>On Mon, 04 Aug 1997 15:51:46 GMT, you wrote:

<snip>

>How about it you peers of the realm?  Care to make your fealty oaths
>public for the edification of those of us who would like to know?
>
>Your Majesty, would you make public your part of the oaths?
>
>I know that fealty oaths are highly personal things, but need they
>also be private?
>

>Larkin

I wasn't aware that the oaths were private or secret anyway.  Usually the
oath is not shouted, because it is being given to the person standing right
in front of you.  Most knights oaths generally include pledges involving
life and lands, but the form varies quite a bit.  Usually the Crowns
response take the general form of accepting your oath and pledging back
good faith and leadership.  Often times my oath is not planed, I just speak
from my heart.  Usually it will involve some bit of showmanship relative to
the crown and myself.  Like when HRM Abd al-Mahdi Jamal ibn Hakim and I did
a separate oath because I couldn't (in good faith <BG>) as a crusader swear
his rather Moorish oath. :)  So I swore an oath of fealty on her Catholic
Majesties faith.
Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald

mka Burke McCrory
email:  burkemc at ionet.net