ANST - Re: long courts

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Aug 5 09:22:00 PDT 1997

Garth wrote:
> The Oaths of Fealty required of the Knights and Territorial
> Barons/Baronesses is a re-creation of the backbone of most period
> govenrments. They are necessary also to the SCA.

Yes, but I still wonder if they're necessary in our courts and how they
were handled in period.  I'm afraid the only datum I have is modern:
at the coronation of the monarch of the UK, only *one* member of
each rank of the nobility comes forward to swear fealty (the most
senior peer of each rank?).  Then again, the House of Lords has
some 1200 people or so, and there's a standard oath in the UK.

Daniel de Lincoln

(Hmmm ... one oath *could* be just "I, Tivar Moondragon", then.)

Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com
tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is not a valid address.