ANST - largess

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Aug 7 19:56:17 PDT 1997

Seven years ago, just after I had joined the SCA a Lady gave me a
small bell after I had helped her set up her tent. It was totally
unexpected and I remember trying to give it back, saying I would
have helped her with or without the gift. Unfortunately, I do not
remember who the Lady was, but I still have the bell.

For several months I have been planning on casting a pewter token
that I could present to bardic performers who impressed me. This
was because I wanted to encourage bardic performances which seem
to be wanning in recent years. Lately, I have been considering
expanding its use to giving it to those who impressed me for other
actions. But perhaps it would be better to make seperate tokens
for each. Any opinions?

Ld. Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com