ANST - A&S judging

Lenny Zimmermann zarlor at acm.org
Tue Aug 12 13:09:49 PDT 1997

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:42:45 -0500 (CDT), Mistress Aquilanne wrote:

>While going through some of my old paperwork, I ran across a judging form
>from Artemisia. Barring some layout differences, here it is:
[BIG SNIP of form]
>Anyway, thought this might be of interest and  possibly some help. Let me
>know what you think.

I think it's a great form for adding a level of focus for what an
entrant is expected to be able to present in a display. I think the
bigger issue, however, is getting such criteria, if not necessarily
the form, adopted at the Kingdom level. The first two A&S competitions
I entered I had no idea WHAT was being looked for or what my
documentation should say. After the next few I'm still not exactly
sure, but I have some better ideas, thanks to discussions with those
who have judged such things before and a few Laurels. Any chance we
could actually see some criteria, even just on a generic scale of what
kinds of  general things to expect, being passed up before Kingdom
A&S? I'd gladly make a listing of such criteria if I had half a clue
of what it should look like.

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
(mka Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)